Code Revenge Chapter-4
The rest of the day went by quickly, but that was mostly because I tuned out everything those idiot teachers said. Only one thing stood out for me, in world history we were talking about the world's greatest wars. It seemed there wasn't a time in this world's history when the occupants weren't trying to tear each other to shreds. Why did my father try to destroy the human race if they were destroying each other? Not that I doubted his motives it was just strange, why would humans destroy each other?
I sat under a shady tree as I thought about this and other strange quirks of the human race listening to my quote on quote iPod. Really it was a way for me to survey the school in peace. I closed my eyes concentrating on the conversations going on throughout the school, listening for anything that would be of use to me.
Of course I eventually tuned in to the conversation of the Lyoko warriors who were sitting on a bench near where I was sitting.
"And did you see that new girl in Science? She's...kinda weird, don't ya think?" Odd said
"No. I think she just needs some friends. I met her in the dorms this morning and she seemed really nice." This was Yumi
"Yeah, I think we should reach out to her." Aelita said "What do you think, Jeremie?"
"Couldn't hurt, it's not like we have to keep you-know-what a secret anymore, so I don't see why not!"
I opened my eyes to see Aelita coming towards me. Now this was an option I had not considered before, befriending them? Yes, being on the inside, that would work, getting their trust, this would work quite nicely. I smiled to myself as I quickly formulated a new strategy, working out the kinks in a matter of seconds.
"Hi, you're the new girl right? I'm Aelita Stones!"
"Morgan, you're Yumi's friend?" I asked, pointing at her group.
"Yup! Do you want to sit with us for dinner?" She looked hopefully at me.
"Uh...sure, I would but...I have some stuff to do. Breakfast, okay?" I had a search program that should be done prepping about now, plus I was expecting someone.
"Oh, okay." Aelita went over to her friends and told them.
"Hey, can I have your portion then?" the purple clad warrior shouted to me.
"Yes, go ahead." I got up and left for my dorm.
I entered my new living space, last night and this morning I hadn't really taken a close look at it. That was because it wasn't much to look at in the first place, smallish, very plain looking, not even close to the grandeur of NegaCarthage. The only useful thing in this room would have been the computer but as I said before it was hopelessly out of date.
"Kanky, you can come out now." a spark came out of the outlet near the bed and took the form of the little guy. He rubbed up against me but then scurried around the room as if he was looking for something, I knew exactly what it was.
"Sorry boy, William isn't here right now. But I'm working on it, I promise." He nodded slightly, letting me know he understood, Kanky always had been a little smarter than his Kankrelat brothers.
I sat down at the dorm computer finishing up the prep for the program that would hopefully find some trace of my father and gathering all the files that were important to be exported.
"I have arrived, Morgan." a faint voice from outside said.
"Enter."
A boy of around 16 years of age opened the door and walked in. He had a sleek looking laptop in his arms and the insignia of Xana (well my insignia now I suppose) flickering in his eyes.
"I brought the computer as requested." he said with the electronically filtered voice all possessed people had.
"Very good, put it down here." I said, gesturing to the desk while still furiously typing in code. He did as he was instructed. I finished what I was doing and turned around in my swivel chair to face him.
"Good, now walk into the middle of the nearest public park and inform me when you get there."
"At your orders, Morgan." And he left to go follow orders.
I unplugged the school provided computer and shoved it aside, there was no need for it any longer. Then I started up my new laptop, much more advanced than that old piece of garbage, and set it up with the basics, programming tools, code generators, and the files I had from before. I also launched the search program which would work overnight, tomorrow I would have my answer, was dad alive?
As I worked Kanky gave me a quizzical look.
"What?"
He gestured toward the door.
"Oh, that possessed guy?"
Kanky nodded.
"Dad gave me some excess energy so I could get started without having to break into a supercomputer right away. It's only good for so many attacks though, I need to get to Lyoko as soon as it's convenient to my strategy so I can start using the Towers."
But Kanky just stared blankly at me, oh well, he was a Kankrelat, I couldn't expect him to understand anything that was too complicated.
"And...done." I announced a while later, running the program. It was still fairly early, only around midnight (well it's early for someone who doesn't sleep) when I heard a high pitched shriek from a few rooms over, obviously my pink haired half aunt. I went over to her room and flung the door open.
"What's wrong! Some of us are trying to concentrate!"
"...Sorry, I had a nightmare..." She said, out of breath.
"What about?"
"Being chased by a murderer..." I suspected a lie, it was much more likely that she had a dream about her past, her childhood had been terribly traumatic.
"Well, go back to sleep. Try not to have another nightmare, you'll wake the entire school!" Not that I really cared, but the less attention around my dorm, the better.
"Easy for you to say..." She muttered, rolling on her side. Soon soft snoring could be heard.
I returned to my room once more, putting my computer and Kanky in hibernate mode. Then, with nothing else on my agenda for that night, I lay in bed with my eyes closed, thinking. This would indeed be an interesting semester for the Lyoko Warriors...






